Some recent finds
Hit a couple sales this weekend and did fairly well. Thought I'd share pics of the more interesting items. First up is a nice #8
[Image: IMG_5088.jpg]
Next is a nice "mini set" of Greenlee chisels. 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2". Should make nice dovetail chisels.
[Image: IMG_5087.jpg]
Record #5, Stanley 4 1/2, Stanley 12 1/2, Stanley 95, and what I think is a dado plane
[Image: IMG_5086.jpg]
Last is probably the coolest of the bunch. An old Stanley tool catalog/manual. The staples are rusted away, but the pages are in excellent shape. Cost me 4x the price on the cover
Laugh
Laugh 
[Image: IMG_5083.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5084.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5085.jpg]
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Tis the season...

Nice bunch of tools!
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Dang! That's good stuff.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
It does look like a dado plane, with the spurs on both sides - but it's wide for a dado plane!
Does the large woodie have a skewed blade? I think it is a jack rabbit plane. It has nickers on both sides so it can work either way.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Is that edge plane in good shape? clean-up-able?
Benny

Looks like some good finds. Only a real nerd would be so excited about that book. Congratulations!
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
Good stuff!
(05-31-2017, 09:15 AM)mr_skittle Wrote: Looks like some good finds. Only a real nerd would be so excited about that book. Congratulations!

Who ya calling a nerd?
Slap 
Winkgrin  
Laugh 

Dave: good finds and good to see ya posting them. Looks like a steal on that manual/catalog.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
As a self-professed nerd of both woodworking and science I feel comfortable putting the label on others. Us nerds are who make the world go round and I wear it as a badge of honor. This forum is a good example. If it weren't for all the nerds the entire forum would turn into the off topic category.
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/