Not mine... STANLEY PLANES NO. 45 NO. 99 MUST SEE - $295 (HOUSTON TX)
AGAIN.... NOT MINE
https://houston.craigslist.org/tls/6151625994.html
[Image: 00I0I_cBUWYZxWmnf_600x450.jpg]

What is the part in the middle of the picture?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Stanley 99
thanks
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
That stuff is in super nice shape but seems a little spendy to me.

carl
I was at a flea market this weekend.  Guy had a #45 and both a #98 & #99.  The 45 didn't have the box, and was short a few of the cutters, but it was otherwise in pretty good condition.  The 98 & 99 were pristine.  Other than not being in their original boxes, they looked unused.  His asking price for all 3 was about $250.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I found a perfect 45 in the box with everything including the elusive slitter knife at a flea market. The guy was asking about $125 for it. If I didn't already have one, I would have snagged it.

carl
(05-30-2017, 10:51 AM)Carl Grover Wrote: That stuff is in super nice shape but seems a little spendy to me.

carl

This ^^^^^^^
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
We talk about this often. Most likely a deal where wife says, "you've got too much stuff... get rid of it!", and hubby says, "i'm trying babe"....

Either that, or, the Handplane market down in Houston is dry. Which is entirely possible.
(05-31-2017, 05:25 AM)Carl Grover Wrote: I found a perfect 45 in the box with everything including the elusive slitter knife at a flea market. The guy was asking about $125 for it. If I didn't already have one, I would have snagged it.

carl

I would be tempted to buy for resale.  However, I was looking on ebay not that long ago, and that seems about right to me.  You probably could have made money parting it out, but as a package, it probably wouldn't have netted you much