Washer backs up into kitchen sink, but sink seems to drain fine.
(07-20-2017, 03:16 PM)crokett™ Wrote: I do the kitchen clean up after dinner.  One reason I do that is to limit what goes down the drain.  I've cleaned out enough drains in my lifetime.

+1
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

we had the plumber do it last time, he put in repair fittings so it might not be that hard to do a second time.  But I think I will.  $250 well spent, probably wouldn't be as much next time since the repair fittings are already in place.  We started composting, so the old ritual of my wife putting a few pounds of vegetable clippings down the disposal is all done with.  Sort of amazing how long it took us to clog the drain.
I don't have a disposal, so the drain screen gets used all the time! Convincing someone that "the way my mom did it" isn't actually a valid argument that something is correct is the hard part.

My parents have a disposal (much more common in VT, I don't think I've seen one yet on Long Island) and they apparently had an epic clog a few months ago, 25 years after the house was built. From the far too detailed description of the late night adventure in the basement my mom gave me, I'm glad I wasn't nearby.
Benny