Projects & a new tool cabinet insert for Roubo
Fantastic work!

Curious to know what is the hybrid-looking plow plane, part metal, but with the wooden fence and wooden threaded rod and nuts?

[Image: Mystery%20Plow%20Plane_zpshzqi595a.jpg?t=1496878629]
Greg:

Thanks....

It's a Joh Weiss & Sons plow plane from Austria, it's considered a transitional and from my research it's a rare one....has a metal body, metal cap iron and a caged type depth stop.

Functionality is great, the fence can be fixed to either side, and takes the old style irons. Plus it comfortable to use....

Andy

-- mos maiorum
Hi Andy,

An enviable plane, indeed.  I've been trying to find just the right plow plane -- no doubt the one you have will be hard to come by.

Thanks for this splendid post.

Greg
Greg:

Here is a little plow plane I picked up for less tan $25, it was all there so a little work and it works great ! It's a bit larger than a Record 043 which is also a fantastic plow....BTW my Record 043 came from EBay England, $16.00 with another $15 for shipping

Attached Files Image(s)

-- mos maiorum
Hi Andy,

You have a good eye for a bargain.  Here in Los Angeles, woe to anyone who wishes to find usable or serviceable planes such as these at a reasonable price.

Greg