Cedar "name tags" for Bible School
LOML did it again -- I got volunteered to make 200 of those cedar name tags for my church.

Big question is do I need to use a dead/dried piece of cedar or will fresh-cut work?  LOML is worried about sap seeping.

Anyone ever do anything like this???
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Fresh cut can be pretty wet, so if color is involved you may get bleeding onto clothes. How do you plan to do them, stencil, router. magic marker? You will be tired of name tags after the first hundred, maybe the Wife is just giving your patience a test
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
All I've got to do is cut and drill them -- others will do the lettering, etc. LOML knows my limits
Wink

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
Eastern red?  Stands in the woods at ~33% MC.  I'd make 3/8 thick blanks, dry for a week or two - hour or two at 150 in the oven - and make a pass at the surfaces with a plane or belt sander.  Good enough.  Or, if they're going pigment rather than pyro names, maybe they'll look better rustically rough.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Just found out I have until Sunday to get them cut.
Rolleyes

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
(05-31-2017, 07:10 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Just found out I have until Sunday to get them cut.
Rolleyes

Plus -

"LOML knows my limits"

Does not compute.  
Big Grin
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
Sounds like it's time to buy some aromatic closet lining.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
(06-01-2017, 04:45 AM)MichaelMouse Wrote: Sounds like it's time to buy some aromatic closet lining.

If you buy them make sure you are out in the shop working up until Sunday morning and then bring them out.  That way she will thing how hard they were and you made it just in time or the next time it will be 1000 to make.
Yes
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Found a poplar branch under my big tree and chopped it up. Maybe not be quite what the "camp counselors" had in mind but will be done in time for "camp"
Wink

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
I heard said one time that beggars can't be choosers, seems almost to apply here, once you get past that church thing. Of course the bible is full of beggar lore, so it probably is appropriate.

Poplar they be......

Have ya given any thought to what you are going to do with all the spare time ya have until Sunday
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW