Recent hollowforms
[/url]Some hollowforms I just completed the last few days, they are mostly maple, the squat is a spruce burl. Some have been dyed with alcohol dye, all have been finished with lacquer and buffed.

[url=https://imageshack.com/i/pne7rXFNj][Image: e7rXFN.jpg]

[Image: 0qY7yW.jpg]
[Image: BZCnfc.jpg]
[Image: srUc0y.jpg]
[Image: q46nH7.jpg]
Beautiful work, nice finials too!
Steve K

Those are absolutely beautiful.Did you spray the lacquer?And as Steve said fantastic finials.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Was this all done on the new lathe?  You are a busy bee and I love what I see.  Great work buddy
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
They're all beautiful.  I'm not even going to try picking a favorite.
Rodney
Thank you for the comments. The lacquer is rattle can. I have found that wet sanding is the key to a nice smooth finish with lacquer. Arlin these were not done on the new lathe but I will be roughing some out this weekend. Jack
how many coats of lacquer before wet sanding and did you wet sand on the lathe?

Mel
(06-03-2017, 07:56 AM)chips ahoy Wrote: how many coats of lacquer before wet sanding and did you wet sand on the lathe?

Mel

I usually spray a couple of coats then wet sand with 800 or 1200 depending on how they come out. After that I spray twice then wet sand with 1200 or 1500, I will do this 3-5 times usually.
(06-03-2017, 04:51 PM)J Lilley Wrote: I usually spray a couple of coats then wet sand with 800 or 1200 depending on how they come out. After that I spray twice then wet sand with 1200 or 1500, I will do this 3-5 times usually.

Thanks,appreciate the info.Will pick up the sand paper Monday.

Mel
Beautiful work!