Bessey clamp question
I'm looking to get some more bar clamps. I see that Bessey have 2 different flavors of the Revo clamp. What's the main difference between the 2 and which one do most folks buy?

Thanks,
Bill
See if this answers your question

Besse Revo are heavy duty parallel clamps with up to 1500 pounds of pressure.

The Revo jr is also a parallel clamp with up to 900 pounds of clamping force.

The Uniclamp is a toy with a mere 330 pounds of pressure available. IMHO they feel like junk in the hand.

I have never seen enough of a price difference between the Revo, and the jr to make buying the jr, which would be capable for most woodworkers a better deal.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Make sure the ones you get are made in Germany not China.
Don
Thanks for the information. I thought the regular Revo clamps is what I want.   I'll pass on the JR ones and also make sure they are German made.

Thanks.
Bill
I had purchased some clamps that were Besse, and it wasn't until years later on here I found out about the dreaded Chinese Besse clamps (found out here). I checked what I had, and found I did indeed have some made in China. On the Revo, or their predecessors that I have, I have never found a country of origin/manufacture on the clamp. Maybe I was really lucky, and only got German. I think the big bar clamps are all German. If they have information on them it must be on the small tag that you tear off 2 seconds after buying them. What I did find is newer F clamps I've bought were made in China, but I simply cannot tell any difference between them, and the older ones marked as German that I have been using for years.

There are some "buy American" folks who won't even look at something made in China. I believe the "China clamps are crap", come from their mouths, or others who don't actually own both parroting this sentiment.

Their current favorite for me is the KliKlamp Seen here they are light duty fast action clamps, they are that third hand I always wished I had. Somewhat expensive, but totally worth it. They are all German made, and they are only a few years old now, so that belies the "internet legend" that Besse makes no products in Germany anymore.

GW
If spec'd right, the Chinese can make quality stuff. Think Apple. My company has contract manufacturers in China that make great stuff.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(06-03-2017, 07:29 AM)Steve N Wrote: Revo are heavy duty parallel clamps with up to 1500 pounds of pressure.

The Revo jr is also a parallel clamp with up to 900 pounds of clamping force.

The Uniclamp is a toy with a mere 330 pounds of pressure available. IMHO they feel like junk in the hand.

I respectfully disagree. I have a bunch of Uniclamps of various sizes and I find them very useful. I especially appreciate their light weight and relatively large clamping faces. They are not toys. I also have a bunch of heavy duty Revo clamps that I use for larger projects, like casework. I use them because of their size, not because I can exert 1,500 Lbs. of force with them. If I need that much force to pull a joint together, I need to do some more work fitting the joint.
Ya think maybe that is why they offer so many different models? I listed the clamping pressures simply because Besse makes such a big deal of pointing them out. Those were obviously my assessments of the clamps in the category the OP asked about, and after having handled/used all of the ones I commented about I will stick with my assessment. If you don't agree, see the first comment. My comment that covered my thoughts was just between the Revo, and the Jr. that there wasn't enough price break to mess with the Jr, and the same goes for the Revo's and the toys (Uniclamp) you like. If you actually need a real clamp, your Uniclamp won't get the job done, yet you've paid almost as much for it as the Revo, which obviously will do both lighter, and heavier work.

I do own 6 Uniclamps, but seldom use them. I much prefer the F style clamp for lighter work, and yes I do believe the Uniclamp to be a toy.

GW