PC router problem
I have a PC plunge router that I haven't used in a couple years. It's been sitting on a high shelf in the shop/garage. It worked perfectly last time I used it.

I went to use it the other day and it won't turn on. Nothing. Not a hum or anything.

Any ideas?
critter chewed through a wire? 

Wire brittle and broke? 

turn the arbor a bit a to see if the brushes are making contact. 

take the brushes out and inspect them for excessive damage/wear. 

switch could be bad too.
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I had one stop working from one day to the next.  Turned out to be a broken wire in the cord, and not at the motor or strain relief area, further down in the cord which seemed strange.  Anyway, I replaced the cord and all is well. 

Check for continuity on each of the wires in the cord to see.

John
I had the same thing happen to mine; it was in storage for a number of years, went to use it and nothing. I was able to fix it though. If you take the motor cover off, you will see a small circuit board. There are 3 capacitors on that board; they are bad. What happens is, these are cheap capacitors and they absorb water and go bad. I replaced all 3 of mine and works as good as new.
Thanks

With the humidity we have I can see it doing that