Robot Mower
Does anyone use a robot mower?  If so, do you have any advice for someone who is thinking about getting one?
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
That's usually called a wife.
Laugh
Laugh

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I looked into them a few years back. Curious if anybody has any new insights. They seemed like too much trouble back then, certainly more than I would be willing to stomach for their $2k+ price tag
-Marc

The price tag scared me away. From what I remember when I looked at them is they do a crappy job but do it often so in the end it looks OK. It doesn't do the nice lines like when I mow but it is more of a random thing. The nice part is it does it by itself and it charges it self. I believe they have a rain sensor on them so they will dock themselves. I believe you can also set times that they are "ok" to go out and mow.

My oldest is now mowing for me so it's not as big of a concern. I have 4 boys so the work crew should keep things looking fine for years to come
Smile
takes me about 20 minutes to mow the lawn.  Back when all I had was a push  mower, and it took an hour, I was a lot more tempted to get one.  My experience programming robots makes me a little hesitant though
Thanks for the replies.  I see no one uses one.

It takes me 3 hours with a push mower.  A robot is less than a rider, and it will save me an hour a week, unless I get a honkin big rider (52" or more).  I can only get a 42" in my current shed.

I will keep researching.  The first gen mowers had many known issues.  They are up to gen 4 now, and I am hoping they are better.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
If it takes 3 hours to mow your yard, it sounds like the yard is way too big for a robot mower.
if it's electric, it can run multiple days a week and nobody will mind.  Although, in Central Pennsylvania, finding multiple days a week that are dry enough to mow is a bit of a trick
I know of one guy who's fairly pleased with his Husqvarna Robotic Mower.  

No personal experience.  I LIKE mowing my grass.
(06-06-2017, 12:01 PM)DieselDennis Wrote: I know of one guy who's fairly pleased with his Husqvarna Robotic Mower.  

No personal experience.  I LIKE mowing my grass.

Same here i enjoy the short few weeks that i have to mow twice a week. But from here on out i may only mow once a month until october unless i water and fertilize allot.

But like said if it takes 3hrs to cut then either you have more to mow than a robot mower can do or you are mowing too slow.