Bosch 12V
(06-04-2017, 06:50 PM)Cecil Wrote: Mel.

I would think one of these will work better
[Image: 419RBdWX%2BlL.jpg]
They have large flat pads.  You could grind the pads narrower, if you needed, to get an exact fit.  You could slide a jam nut on the adjuster screw, so that it maintains an exact fit, once you get it set right.  You can get a Harbor Freight version cheap.

Cecil,that sounds like a better idea,thanks.I guess they figure old people don't buy tools.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I like that idea as well Steve and also the tap in method,will give them all a try.

Mel
(06-04-2017, 06:50 PM)Cecil Wrote: Mel.

I would think one of these will work better
[Image: 419RBdWX%2BlL.jpg]
They have large flat pads.  You could grind the pads narrower, if you needed, to get an exact fit.  You could slide a jam nut on the adjuster screw, so that it maintains an exact fit, once you get it set right.  You can get a Harbor Freight version cheap.

At HF they sell this model, which would keep you from needing to grind up a good clamp

I still like that little plywood shoe
Cool
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Thanks Steve,but we don't have a HF here and I like the shoe method as well.Going to try that before buying another tool. I had an email from Bosch to do a survey as a new customer.I had called them to see if there was an easier way to remove the batteries.When I asked the person if there was,his answer was no,they are difficult to remove and that was it.I told them in the survey I did not rate their customer service as very good,a lot of their questions I gave very low ratings.I told them I expected more from a very well respected company and that I was not the only one having problems removing the 12v batteries.I got better results here.

Mel
Once it has some use the batteries will be easy to remove then you will worry about it being too loose. Rememner the days of the 18v de fault cordless where those same style battery clips were used. You would be running a saw or a drill and the battery would fall right out of the tool. Ill take stiff clips over a battery falling out.
I don't mind stiff clips,but do mind,darn near impossible to get out.

Mel
Steve
I made the plywood gizmo and it works like a charm. Many thanks to the person who came up with the idea.

Mel
Thanks for the feedback Mel. Haven't done anything shop wise, yard work is still taking a lot of my time. 3 1/2 acres is both wonderful, as I have plenty of room, but terrible when it comes to maintenance, especially in the Spring.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW