Bosch 12V
I bought the Bosch 12V drill and impact driver.They work great and are very comfortable to in the hand. Problem I am having is removing the batteries.You have to squeeze two tabs together and pull the batteries out.Being a geezer I have limited squeezing power and find the batteries difficult to remove.Anyone have a solution to this problem?Other than returning the tools.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Something like this?...
Mel, when I first got my Bosch 12v, well back then they called them 8.9v or some crazy thing. Anyhow evidently I was stronger, certainly was younger. I didn't have a bit of trouble popping them out. Now I do, so I'll keep watch to see what a smarter old guy than us comes up with. I can about guarantee the youngsters are going, what a puss.....
Big Grin

FWIW I also have the Milwaukee 12v and they are a biotch to get out too. Now I have all manner of 18v, and nary a problem with any of them, but they are heavier. Always choices?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Steve
Good to know I am not the only one having that problem.I was thinkig about a clamp something like Salmo suggested.I have some clamps and will give it a try.I will let you know if I have success. Gettin old sucks.

Mel
I wondered about that. I can see you snapping those little wings off, that might be a bad thing.

GW
[Image: clamp%20001_zps4gctb4no.jpg]

Steve
Thanks to Salmo's suggestion I tried this small clamp and very gently applied pressure,with a bit of fiddling it worked fine. Thanks Salmo. Hope it works for you as well Steve.

Mel
Mel.

I would think one of these will work better
[Image: 419RBdWX%2BlL.jpg]
They have large flat pads.  You could grind the pads narrower, if you needed, to get an exact fit.  You could slide a jam nut on the adjuster screw, so that it maintains an exact fit, once you get it set right.  You can get a Harbor Freight version cheap.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Tap the battery into the tool a little before trying to remove it. This makes the clips easier to compress since they arent dragging against the catches in the tool. 

I have a few that are hard to remove but i have one refurbished battery that falls out. I stuffed paper in there to force the catches out a little.
this was the answer i got to a similar question....

https://forums.woodnet.net/showthread.ph...st_7125226
Wow I like this idea, thanks for posting, missed that thread I guess.

PA220018 by edn732, on Flickr" />

PA220019 by edn732, on Flickr" />

PA220020 by edn732, on Flickr" />

PA220022 by edn732, on Flickr" />

PA220024 by edn732, on Flickr" />
[/quote]

GW