Portable Mill Richmond Va area
Anyone in the Central Va area have a portable sawmill? I have some firewood length stuff I have been drying as well as some six foot (ish) black walnut logs that I need (rough) milled. I can no longer use my chainsaw, in fact I got rid of both the 12 inch and the 18 inch so I wouldn't be tempted. I would consider reasonable fees for the service, or....

We might be able to strike a nice deal. I have nearly fifteen acres, mostly wooded, mostly hardwood, with lots of down trees after the winter storms... I no longer cut firewood... nor am I able to harvest the good stuff.

Pm me, or email..
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Jim, both Woodmizer and Timberking keep lists of band mill sawyers by state. Either company can give you a list of possibilities.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks
Jim in Okie
Jim, also look at CL, look under "materials" and then specify for "lumber" you will likely see a lot of selling a stack of twisted 2x4's but in my area anyhow their will be smaller wood dealers, and most of those guys have a bandmill. Contact and see if they will swap services for 1/2 shares of what you want cut.

WoodPlanet says they get buyers and sellers together, maybe some bandmill guys there.

Wood Web only shows one Va seller, might have a bandmill.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Are you inside or outside of the quarantine area for black walnut?

That could make a difference on some of the deals that the sawyers would reach with you.

If you are outside, you might have better luck with sawyers from the Lynchburg direction.

You might also ask you local extension agent. That person should have a good idea about both the swayers and the quarantine area.

Sorry that I only have suggestions for more work for you rather than actual answers.
Sigh
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Thanks for your suggestions
Jim in Okie
https://woodmizer.com/us/Services/Find-a-Local-Sawyer

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
Thomas A. Edison
I found two in my "general" area from the woodmizer site. I am tied up the next week or so, but will call and see how things work.
Thanks for all the help.
Jim in Okie
Btw, we are not one of the counties listed in the black walnut quarantine, but most of those around us are.
Jim in Okie