Nothing fancy, just a Bluebird feeder
Very cool! I've lots of Bluebird houses, most often the Tree Swallows move in. Wrens are welcome also, English Sparrows......get terminated.

Ed
(06-05-2017, 11:27 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: How do you make your rings now? Id use my lathe.

I make my own copper rings by coiling 1/4" soft copper tubing around a piece of 1 1/2" conduit then cutting the copper coils with a portable band saw.  You can see the stages of the copper rings in the picture.

(06-05-2017, 11:44 PM)EdL Wrote: Very cool! I've lots of Bluebird houses, most often the Tree Swallows move in. Wrens are welcome also, English Sparrows......get terminated.

Ed

Thankfully I've never seen an English Sparrow in my yard...a very invasive species.  A fellow photographer has Swallows nesting in one of her Bluebird boxes and she's thrilled to have them nesting in her yard.  I have multiple houses in my yard because there's always a pair of House Wrens that nest in my yard along with Carolina Chickadees.
(06-05-2017, 07:27 AM)oakey Wrote: Well done I have blue birds here but they do not stay around great idea
I has the same issue until I resorted to feeding them but it's worth it to me and Bluebirds in our area need help because of English Sparrows and European Starlings using natural nesting cavities Bluebirds would normally use.

(06-05-2017, 08:58 AM)Harold O. Wrote: Gotta love it when a guy has a problem then goes about fixing it.

Nice design, elegant solution.
Thank you.  A lot of building and testing went into this feeder.  Thankfully I have patient test subjects who like free meals.  It's a win win situation.