Real Project Time
Working on CADing up the new mantel for the house.

[Image: FB_IMG_1496725504054_zpsp90r0rwv.jpg]

[Image: FB_IMG_1496725499634_zpsot8gp6aj.jpg]

[Image: FB_IMG_1496725493890_zpsbdcpvrt7.jpg]

[Image: FB_IMG_1496725486614_zpsnzywyik1.jpg]
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
Not sure what look you are going for but I think it needs legs or it might be too much brick unless you have lights of lighting
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

The real brick isn't as obnoxious as the brick I used in Sketchup. I should take and post a picture of it currently. There are brick corbels that are holding the current mantel. I don't intend to remove those, but this will partially cover them up. I could make extra wide wood corbels to cover them, I'm still debating. I wouldn't mind legs, but that's a little tougher to accomplish.

My other thought is to get what is shown made, then temporarily mount it to see what else I want to do with it.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
I would put up what you have and give the legs some thought.  I like to see a lot of light on a wall with that much brick or have it broken up a bit.  I just got finished with 2 fireplace surrounds nothing fancy but looks a whole lot better than the tile that was in place.  I try to keep rooms bright as the places rent easier
The first one is one side of the fireplace the other was not completed when I took the picture but again there is a bit of dark on the floor and the wall is going to bounce light off of it
[Image: 20170524_164542_zpskbsdbpd7.jpeg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.