Jorgenson hold down clamps
Found 2 of these at an estate sale cheap and grabbed them because they were NOS.
Does anyone here use these? Looking for ways to put them to use.
Thanks
[Image: d19e5fbab17f262e039317ad4e0c07dd_zpsyw43nyns.jpg]
I have two and they are used just like forged hold downs. I have bolt pockets in my wall bench and rolling bench.
Consider my reply a bump, but I've fastened a couple to a piece of plywood with a straight edge to use on my table saw for ripping a straight edge on a wavy edge piece of wood.
I use them often have the bolt pockets centred and back from the ends of my bench
You will find through searching that a number of manufacturers make a similar clamp. I'm most familiar with the Record bench holdfast Allows you to have a clamping dog hole anywhere on your bench surface that has a 3/4" hole to access. In your version you don't even need the hole, but instead you screw the base down anywhere you want a clamping arm. Very useful, think movable third hand.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Thanks for the replies. Toolmiser, that's the sort of "outside the box" use I was wondering about. I'm not the most creative thinker and didn't see myself using these in a fixed position on my bench. Trying not to put these in the pile of "tools I had to have but never use"?
They would be useful on a template routing sled too. Lots of cool uses.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.