Folding Adirondack chair plan?
I have been using the NYW plan for Adirondack chairs and love it. However, I can see the value of folding chairs. Does anyone have a great plan? Preferably similar to the NYW.

I've built a bunch using the Lee Valley plans; http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.as...6158,46162

They are as comfortable as any Adirondack chair and straight forward to build. They fold easy enough but as expected they are still fairly bulky when folded.
I built the Leigh Valley ones also. Very heavy and awkward to move, even when folded. Worst part...they sit really low to the ground. I mean WAY low. Knowing this, it should be easy to adjust in the building process, but I would not use the plans as you get them. As a matter of fact, I bought extra hardware packets and screws for more chairs and did not use them. PM me if you might want to discuss taking some of this off my hands.
Marc
Sun City, AZ
Look for "Muskoka Chair" plans; you'll find them on-line.  That's what a folidng Adirondack chair is really called. 

John
I know this folding chair isn't an Adirondack, but does anyone know where its plan can be found? Should be a cinch to build. It was very comfortable.

[Image: E14D301F-4188-48C8-95FA-B88161611B1B_zpsjeloa4gy.jpg]

[Image: 0DF2D4D6-673D-4583-BFE8-F7A0C47E039E_zpssgaucwwn.jpg]

There are matching tables:

[Image: DE81934F-985F-441C-8519-AC0287554C39_zpsz9fozkgk.jpg]
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
MsNomer- I saw a you tube video for that type of chair. I will see if I can find it

The Leigh Valley chair might be a good starting point. Paladin- I might talk to you about the hardware. Thanks

Carolyn, search you tube for "how to make a folding cedar lawn chair". This is a very good video with deminsions

This is called a Kentucky stick chair. There are a lot of you tubes if you search that name

OK, but do it soon. I'm moving to St. Louis soon and my wood working hobby is a goner.
Marc
Sun City, AZ
Paladin please check you pm's