Larger Compressors - Anyone build an After Cooler
what kind of dryer?

We use a lot of compressed air for delicate machinery, and dry air is important.  So we have a refrigerated dryer. We also have salt dryers.  I see the cheap refrigerated dryers are less than $1000, which is less than I thought, not having been involved in buying ours.  The one down the hall is right after the compressors.
It is the Harbor Freight Refrigerated Air Dryer.

Harbor Freight Refrigerated Air Dryer

[Image: image_11243.jpg]

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

The Multicam machines are nice but too rich for my blood even if I could justify buying one for my shop. The newest machine the shop just ordered was just shy of 100k. It does have a 12 tool changer and a rotary indexer that you can do lathe type work on. I want to see what kind of job it can do on a ball and claw foot one day. It also cuts something crazy like 2400 inches per minute. I watched a guy demo the machine cutting 1 in ply. He zipped through it in a single pass cutting about 400-500 inches per minute. I was pretty amazed especially when I saw how clean the cut was.
I would like know about the endmill they used in that demo.

It was a Onsrud 3/8 compression bit.

http://www.cncrouterbitsxp.com/toolsxp/p...C-c367.htm
Dave for your kind of work that would be a great time saver. I imagine the folks you are selling to are looking for the look, rather than it was done with hand tools.

Can you say what machine you are talking about. I know almost nothing about the level of equipment over homeowner stuff.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Below is a link to the CNC router. It is a fantastic machine but I don't use it for my furniture work. Honestly in most cases I can hand carve something faster than I can draw it and cut it on a CNC machine. If I was making multiple copies the cnc would probably come out faster. The big thing is that my clientele expect everything to be carved by hand just like with dovetails. If I used a router to cut dovetails and a CNC for carving I would lose a lot of customers. It would also kill my reputation if I used a CNC for my furniture work. On top of that I just enjoy doing all my carving by hand.

https://www.multicam.com/7000-series-cnc-router/
Now I'm confused I thought you said you had ordered this machine for the shop? If so what are you going to use it for?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I read it as Dave's day job bought the multicam.

Two things interesting about the multicam link:
1 Weight is 6k to 30k. Wonder why the huge difference. Maybe that much more support on the base of their largest machine? Still 5x their smallest is interesting.

2 Also they have a DFW Airport address. Sure would be easy to go see them.

Looks like a great machine. $100k is a lot of jobs!!!!

Steve, I work part time as a model/furniture maker. I work full time as a furniture maker for myself. This is basically because I can't afford Obamacare care and needed somewhere that offered family medical care that wouldn't cost me 20k a year. A lot of the work I do is machinest type work on CNC machines as a model maker. The great part is the shop has a lot of machines I can't afford or fit into my shop. If health care ever gets straightened out and actually affordable again I will just work for myself.