Larger Compressors - Anyone build an After Cooler
Mike, the difference in weight will be the size of the table. The 100k version is a 4'x8'. The one I saw the demo on was a 6'x 12' machine. I'm not sure how big the machines actually get. If you want to see a demo on a machine Multicam will find one installed in a shop near you and you can go check it out. The one we watched the demo on was only a 10 minute drive for me.
Those are dream machines for someone like me. Id not even waste their time except maybe ate iwf or awfs. My machine really does everything i have needed it to do just smaller and slower. I have tool changes down to 30 seconds with an auto z touch off and no atc. I have actually 8 axis drivers wired in as i put a 3d printer head on and will add a rotary axis. My routers are stepper based so honestly thats why i never put a 4th on it. My knee mill is servo based so i put a 4th on it.

I think honestly before i go larger router ill go laser and waterjet or full on machining center. Unless i just land jobs that require that additional capacity and speed during the cut. Even then i am mote apt to retrofit upgrade a mothballed machine from a reseller. Ill never be successful like these big corps. I have an IT day job that is my primary bread maker. The stuff I do in the shed is purely to teach myself to do it and teach others, especially kids. If i sell stuff fine but if not fine too. Id rather show Megan and her friends or guys at work or online how cncs work vs using a cnc to earn money to pay for itself.

I did help a guy get a 1997 haas powered up this week. He is in fl and ive never seen the machine. That was pretty cool.

Sorry for ramble.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Got it. Thought you were only doing the self employed thing.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(06-12-2017, 08:51 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Thank you brother for the pm!

There are some write-ups on using a transmission cooler after the pump. Looks interesting. Some reports say they may might be 1/2 id but not sure and not sure what I have now.

I don't know if I would want to try this as the pressure may be a little high for that
There is a good thread on garage journal about this. 

http://garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50946

I picked up an ATK cooler from Zoro on a 25% off sale 

https://www.zoro.com/akg-air-cooled-afte.../G2111706/

Rated at 250psi.  Good luck.