Porter Cable C2006 Compressor Troubles
I purchased this new about 10 years ago. Yesterday I noticed that the thing would not shut off. I was running around 100PSI and the tank would not fill to a higher pressure. I think It's rated for 150PSI. When I shut it off I could feel a lot of air escaping from the regulator. I think my regulator may be bad and allowing excessive leaking. I can get a part for around $50 but then I still have a 10year old compressor (new replacement form PC is around $100).

I this may be a common problem so I'm thinking about an upgrade.

I've been looking at the Senco PC0968. I'm just a hobbiest and I need to run some nail guns. No framers or roofers.

Has anyone got experience with the Senco PC0968? I've seen a lot of contractors use Senco and for that reason I. think they are a good unit.

Thanks

Mark
You want a small oil-less one, look into a California Air compressor. Soooo quiet.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Check ebay. Regulators are cheap.

Cheap compared to what? As  I see it the regulator is sold as part of the manifold and those are around $50 which is half the cost as I stated.

California air? Do you have experience with this? Will it work on my Michigan air?

Mark
(06-08-2017, 12:58 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: You want a small oil-less one, look into a California Air compressor. Soooo quiet.

Yup. I have one of them dressed in husky drag and its a very quitet compressor and actually puts out more air than the 150psi PC pancake compressor it replaced. 

Also look at the kobalt ones at lowes. Same pump but lower price usually.
(06-08-2017, 01:18 PM)sawnuts Wrote: Cheap compared to what? As  I see it the regulator is sold as part of the manifold and those are around $50 which is half the cost as I stated.

California air? Do you have experience with this? Will it work on my Michigan air?

Mark

Just trying to help you. Post up a picture of what you are trying to replace please. Regulators can be as cheap as 10-20 dollars. Nice ones cost a lot more of course.

Buddy does own the 1.1gallon california air after I told him to buy it based on comments here. I encouraged him to get a bit larger one but he is super happy with his selection. I ran it and it is whisper quiet compared to my oiled Emglo and oiless PC.

I've got a few vendors on the popular website looking for one as well but here goes.

Attached Files Image(s)

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/262983444220

Write him and offer to buy his cheap.

Id have a hard time putting much into those compressors as they are often on sale for $100 new. And when you figure how many hours are on it it may be in need of a cylinder and piston and that is around $40 to the door. 

I do like how the oiless are easily rebuildable but the parts are way over priced making them disposable or turn  it into an extra capacity air tank.