OSS Sanding Sleeves
I purchased 10 new sanding sleeves from an estate sale knowing they were longer than I needed for my Ridgid OSS thinking I could easily cut them to length. The sleeves were Delta and Jet brands - 1 1/2" and 2" diameter - 60 and 80 grit.

I tried various tools with very little - OK, no - success.

In the end I tried Harbor Freight Diamond Rotary Cutting Discs - item#69657

I tried one in my corded 3/8" electric drill. It took a couple minutes but they worked and the cutting disks did not wear down.

If there is a better solution I would be interested. If not then this may help someone who has bought a pig in a poke as I did.

Bill
leave em long and you can flip them over and use them twice. 

may take a socket and an extension to expand the arbor but hey why waste some of it 

JMO 
Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

A heavy duty scissors like this one should be able to cut through sandpaper, https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/94...ssors.html
I agree with Joe's suggestion,I have done it myself.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I would do that on a bandsaw.  Tablesaw would work. Miter saw. It's mostly cardboard.
Hacksaw.
I'd would do as Joe said, leave 'em alone and use as is.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(06-09-2017, 06:34 AM)hairy Wrote: I would do that on a bandsaw.  Tablesaw would work. Miter saw. It's mostly cardboard.

Could see that dulling that bandsaw blade lickety split.

I'd give the hacksaw a try.
chris
It's the power tools forum, I gave a power tool answer.