New Woodworking Show on Amazon Prime
Steve, I get that, but there is no cost as a producer for being on Amazon Prime. A lot of technical hoops to jump through, but zero cost in money.

My plan is to go with Amazon because of the ease of access. If the viewing numbers are decent, I can talk with some sponsors and maybe go Netflix or even HGTV or some such.

PBS does have a couple of woodworking shows, but their distribution is not very good if you are not a member.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(06-09-2017, 09:07 PM)handi Wrote: PBS does have a couple of woodworking shows, but their distribution is not very good if you are not a member.

Maybe just where I live, but I have free access to 3 different PBS networks with a total of 13 channels. That is all on a $30 antenna. No membership, or cost for me. I thought it was that way all over? I see in a weeks time

American Woodshop

This old house, and ask TOH tommy frequently has little woodwork tips, and even Narmon makes a woodworking cameo from time to time.

Uncle Roy, and the Woodwrights shop

T Mac daddy I mumble NE lingo, and say GUYS every other word. Lotta rumors T baby is leaving, but PBS says this about him, and his TV future

Our old hosts on here at WoodSmith Shop.

Also on PBS, but seemingly harder to find a time slot when you are awake, or not working is A Craftsmans Legacy which has a guy finding craft in America. Not always about Woodworking, but of the ones I have seen it's a good show, again the time slot travels more than the host....

I know Scott Phillips, and you have to believe me he doesn't enjoy putting in pocket screws any more than anyone likes watching him do it, buy Kreg, Ape Glue, and a lot of his sponsors want their product shown, or the money dries up, and the production costs of such a show are so high that you need one of two things. Sponsors, or in the case of Uncle Roy "DEEP POCKETS" of people who like what you do, and they pay the way to continue. Scott is like you and I, Poor, and doesn't know any riche folks who like him that much
Big Grin

Ralph covered it all saying that he is where he is, because Amazoo is covering the costs. Substantial costs too. I always get a kick out of the critics
Laugh  
Laugh  
Laugh If it were so easy, why don't they start their own show, gee we all want that custom show where you just see exactly what you want to watch, certainly they can make that happen.......
Laugh  
Laugh  
Laugh  
Laugh  
Laugh
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
For those of you like Steve who do not have an Amazon Prime account, you can STILL WATCH MY SHOW FREE!
Amazon does give me the option to have it free, without Prime, but they insert some ads of their own.

Woodcademy TV Free with Ads
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
(06-15-2017, 07:39 AM)handi Wrote: For those of you like Steve who do not have an Amazon Prime account, you can STILL WATCH MY SHOW FREE!
Amazon does give me the option to have it free, without Prime, but they insert some ads of their own.

Woodcademy TV Free with Ads

Showing as "Episode 1 is currently unavailable..."  "Our agreements with the content provider don't allow purchases of Breakfast Tray Pt1 at this time."

This message shows up if I log in anonymously to Amazon.com or log in with my Prime account.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Unfortunately, I'm getting the same "unavailable" bit for this show on Prime.
I am so happy for you Ralph and hope it goes for years.
Yes   When I have enough allowance I will watch them.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(06-28-2017, 04:10 PM)SCMedLion Wrote: Unfortunately, I'm getting the same "unavailable" bit for this show on Prime.

Same here in Oregon. No go. "Unavailable to watch in your location."
Sad
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Thanks for trying folks! I have NO IDEA why Episode 1 is no longer showing up.
Episode 2 has been under review and seems to have been approved with a release date of July 1st.
Maybe when that got approved the release date affected both, but I really cannot say, this is all uncharted territory.

I have sent an email to support to see what the issue is.

UPDATE: It seems that when I tried to schedule Episode 2 for release on July 1st, it is a global release setting so once Episode 2 was approved, Both Episodes were held for release!
I need to write an ebook on this because there is no manual!

I reset the release to immediately and hopefully, the show will be back shortly.
I REALLY appreciate you folks trying to watch!
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Thanks Ralph.  I really enjoyed the first episode.  My wife has been after me to make a tray for some time.  After she watched the video she was ready to head to the shop and get started!  Looking forward to the next video.

Lonnie
just re-watched the first episode Monday because I was nuable to finish it all at once . Other obligations . But really like the show . Keep em coming . We need more of these type of shows . Really miss Norm & all the different projects he brought to us . Gary