Mini Circular Saws
I own the corded Rockwell. I use it to cut holes in ply for outlets behind slatwall slats. Small dia blade makes minimal dia overcuts and straight down plunge works awesome. Those are the features i like best. Its nicer than my small dewalt and makita 18v circ saw.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(06-09-2017, 10:23 PM)ez-duzit Wrote: Battery powered saws blow. I primarily use the 5-1/2" Skilsaw. Way handier than the worm-drive saws.

Get yer eyes fixed, squint real hard at the very last thing you can see on the butt end of that tool, it's an electric cord.
Slap
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(06-09-2017, 08:42 PM)EdL Wrote: I've got the PC 314....it's a handy tool, great for breaking down 1/4" sheet goods. I really like it for cutting angles on vinyl siding.

Not an everyday user, but it's not going anywhere.

Ed

Excellent saw, would never sell mine, a shame they don't make them anymore.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
PC 314 didn't ring a bell. I've seen plenty of them around, they are an actual mini circular saw, and probably could cut up ply and such pretty well.. That isn't what was originally pictured. The one pictured had one model with dual blades. They are more destruction, than construction. If he wants it for woodworking, he should look for that PC 314, or Rigid had a 6 1/2" circ saw called a Fuego

PC 314

[Image: pc-314.gif]
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Photo 
I've had a 314 for a lot of years and really didn't use it a whole lot because of the crappy Freud blade's wobbly flutter cut.  One day I splurged and got a Forrest Woodworker II (stock #  WW04H407080).  Game changer.  That 314 is now a finished cut machine when used with a couple of c-clamps and a straightedge.  That blade takes the 314 to a whole new level.

inneffictive Freud blade on the left and the premium Forrest on the right.
I wanted one of these very badly. I should have bought one years ago when they were cheaper and readily available. Oh well, maybe someday.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I have a 12v makita. Worthless