Mahogany base
[Image: IMG_1845_zpscbhxzte2.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1840_zpsqezgey4i.jpg]

I had a glue up box blank that  showed a crack. It sat on the shelf waiting for something else to be. I was able to put that crack in the waste area of this. I like it, but I'm not in love yet. I learned enough to do better next time. That's a 4 watt LED.
Looks great Hairy.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Looks good from here.
Steve K

I really like the turning. The shape and proportions work well.

For aesthetics, I might have lowered the socket a bit more so that the metal screw base is more hidden. I do recognize that others might actually prefer more metal showing, but I am more into wood and glass and less into steampunk.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I really like that.  I like the bulb you chose too.
It's pretty apparent I need to get out and look at the latest LED offerings.
Rodney
(06-10-2017, 09:03 PM)iclark Wrote: For aesthetics, I might have lowered the socket a bit more so that the metal screw base is more hidden.

It actually is just under the lip. That picture is looking down, not straight at it.
(06-10-2017, 09:35 PM)Rodneywt1180b Wrote: It's pretty apparent I need to get out and look at the latest LED offerings.
Rodney

Here's where I get my supplies.      http://vintagewireandsupply.com/
(06-10-2017, 10:26 PM)hairy Wrote: It actually is just under the lip. That picture is looking down, not straight at it.

I thought about that before I commented. The camera angle (I suspect) is similar to the eye angle for a standing person with the light on a table.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Thanks for that link Hairy.  I added it to my bookmarks.  Prices seem reasonable too.
Rodney