Heavy Hardware Find and ??
Swung by the local flea market and found these. Not sure what they would have been used for. Seems too heavy for a chest. Anyone have ideas on what these could have been used on?   Cast brass or bronze. 12" combo square for size comparison. 

[Image: Brass_Hinges.jpg]
Interesting. Offhand I have only seen that shape as a gate, or large door hinge, I think it's the brass that sounds weird, but think about it if that were a big brass padlock, you wouldn't think it out of place on an outdoor gate or door.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I would say boat hardware
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Maybe old fashioned wooden ice box?
I don't know the original use, but I am pretty sure you suck. Cool find.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
Exterior dutch door hinges for a horse stable.
So the guy I got them from mentioned that they were found hanging up in a barn here in Kentucky so a horse stable would be very feasible.

Boat hardware was my first thought.
Antique ice chests used shorter hinges and if they had a long strap, the other end were mostly butt style to fit narrow frame work.

I am thinking that they may look nice on a dutch style tool chest.
They would look nice on anything they were size proportionate to, but that is just because they are so nice looking.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW