Overload switch - is this normal?
pretty sure it's wired for 120. I haven't had it for 20 years, that's just the model year. 

The blade is not binding, wood is not burning. Time for some reading up on stuff and maintenance, I guess.
To do is to be (Camus)
To be is to do (Sartre)
Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo (Sinatra)
Get an amp meter and check the draw while it is running.
Had a similar situation with a hand-held demolition saw. Bad overload.

I'd clean it well, verify the current draw first.
(06-11-2017, 08:58 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: Using a long extension cord?

Any chance the motor is wired for 240?  A motor wired for 240 can run on 120 but will have half the power.

Long extension cord is very bad, for any induction motor, especially larger ones, due to voltage drop and the resulting high current draw.

Running on 120V if configured for 240V will actually depress the torque curve by a factor of 4, so essentially 1/4 the power.  Voltage drop is bad for induction motors, causing elevated current draw for a given power output, and half-voltage is beyond severe.  And could be the cause.  But that's easy enough to verify from the motor's internal connections.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"