Worth Saving?
I was at estate sale a few months back and got a bunch of Watco Danish Oil for free.  Owner said she's not sure how old they are.  How long are they good for?  Are they worth using or should I bring them to recycling yard?
(06-12-2017, 10:16 AM)jussi Wrote: I was at estate sale a few months back and got a bunch of Watco  Danish Oil for free.  Owner said she's not sure how old they are.  How long are they good for?  Are they worth using or should I bring them to recycling yard?

Test them on some sanded/planed/scraped boards.

If it isn't gummy going on and drys within 48 hours, probably still good.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
If they've never been opened, my money says they are good to go.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I recently picked up an old unopened rusty jar of Hopes pure tung oil from an old lady that was clearing out her husband's shop. Opened it up and poured it into a mason jar and it had the consistency of thick honey. Tried it out on some turkey calls and was able to build up a beautiful finish on them.