Dayton bandsaw motor problem
I have a Dayton 3/4 HP bandsaw motor on my old Delta 14" bandsaw. I don't know how old it is. But for a while it's had trouble starting up. I need to turn the wheel to get it going; then it works fine. Someone told me it might need a new capacitor. I took off the capacitor, which was housed on the outside of the motor--it had two terminals--and got a new one at a local woodworking shop. Still doesn't start up. Works the same as before. Could it be that it's the wrong capacitor? (It's not the same size as the one that was on it. For that matter, I don't know if the one that was on it was the right capacitor. I got it used when I bought the bandsaw.) Or might there be another problem?
Need pics.
Its very likely the internal centrifugal switch's contact points only need a little cleaning and polishing.  If the start windings are burned out, you'll be able to tell once you have the motor opened up.

Here's a couple of links where other motors had that very same problem.

[/url](36) capacitor motor humming- contacts? - Old Woodworking Machines

[url=<a](36) Baldor motor repair (lotsa pics) - Old Woodworking Machines
Its very likely the internal centrifugal switch's contact points only need a little cleaning and polishing.  If the start windings are burned out, you'll be able to tell once you have the motor opened up.

Here's a couple of links attempts where other motors had that very same problem.

[/url](36) capacitor motor humming- contacts? - Old Woodworking Machines

[url=<a](36) Baldor motor repair (lotsa pics) - Old Woodworking Machines

http://www.owwm.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28627&start=0

[/url]%3Ca]http://owwm.org/viewtopic.php?t=31506]%3Ca[/url]
Capacitor must be the right size and type. We have no idea what you have.
Not sure if this is helpful. The Franklin was on  the motor, although it may have been a replacement. The Phillips, which is slightly smaller--in diameter, that is-- is the one I just bought. Both have two terminals on one end:

[Image: IMG_20170612_142011689_HDR.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20170612_141936166_HDR.jpg]
Those are start capacitors and close enough.

A crude video, but maybe this will help.

If the motor is not totally enclosed, blow it out with an air gun. Worked for me to clean sawdust out of switch for starting.