Bessey F-style clamp set for $15
Just noticed that Home Depot is now selling a four pack of Bessey F-style clamps for only $15. The set I picked up includes two 12 in. and two 6 in. clamps. Sure the handles are a little small but for less than $4 a clamp I can't complain. That's hitting Harbor Freight price levels.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/BESSEY-Clutch.../205086977
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
Cool, probably for Fathers Day.

I picked up a couple packages over Christmas, they have come in handy a few times already.
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
(06-14-2017, 11:05 AM)Terry W Wrote: Just noticed that Home Depot is now selling a four pack of Bessey F-style clamps for only $15.

Yes, they started selling them maybe two or three years ago, $15 has been the regular price for that long.  At times they have had them on sale around $10.
Not to be a downer but those are the made in China Besseys, NOT the made in Germany ones. Price is probably just about right for them considering the quality.
I am wondering if these are the China made ones?  I am thinking they are and bessey will not replace them.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(06-14-2017, 12:27 PM)jlanciani Wrote: Not to be a downer but those are the made in China Besseys, NOT the made in Germany ones. Price is probably just about right for them considering the quality.

I keep seeing this. I have 35 year old Besse F Calmps, and brand new ones, and I can't see enough difference to bother making a note of it. Do you own any of either, or just parroting what you've read online? I see the comment, but have yet to see a write up of the apparent appalling differences.

Back to the OP.....4 clamps for 15 bux is a great deal on these clamps.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(06-14-2017, 12:43 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I am wondering if these are the China made ones?  I am thinking they are and bessey will not replace them.

Arlin did ya read that online? Or did someone at Besse say they weren't covered under the same warranty as all of the other products they sell in the USA

Exactly what you will get is a 4 clamp set GSCC4PK they are the 600 pound rated 2 1/2" F clamps 2 @ 12" and 2 @ 6". Full Besse warranty, unless there are signs of abuse. Heavy use is NOT abuse, abuse is abuse. If you need more than 600 pounds of pressure for an F clamp, you need to go back to basic wood prep 101, because it's not the clamp, it's what you are trying to clamp that is at issue. This is rated as a light duty clamp, so you CANNOT compare it to a heavy duty F clamp with 1200 pounds of pressure, which IMHO is way more pressure then an F clamp needs. Compared to older light duty Besse's it's as near perfect match to the German made ones.

GW
I have some like those- they slip like crazy. They will not lock on the main bar

I have all German ones, and they aren't exactly great at locking to the bar. They meet my needs though
(06-14-2017, 05:28 PM)goaliedad Wrote: I have some like those- they slip like crazy. They will not lock on the main bar

I have no reference point for that. I've no experience with slipping Besse brand clamps, new or old. Now HF yes a lot.

GW