Dryer vents!
I just walked a new construction in the neighborhood.  Laundry room on an exterior wall (yay!!!), dryer vent one of those in 'in the wall enclosures' that typically run up and out through the roof... but it's solid at the top, with a line coming up from the bottom... and behind the dryer instead of to the side (which is the exterior wall).  Sheetrock in place, and no exit visible on the exterior.  Stone work already finished on the wall.   So where the hell is the line going?  Maybe somebody put the box in upside down?  Surely not.  
Raised  I'm gonna catch the builder and ask the question.
I've caught more than one dryer vent run in your area that would make the "Ripley's Believe It Or Not" show.
Our dryer backs up to an exterior wall...right next to the front door, so the vent has a "U" and goes out another wall about 35' away.

I  have 2 good ways to clean it out periodically:
A)  I go outside with Stihl BR600 blower while my wife holds a hag over the hole inside (dryer disconnected...).  I hit it, she freaks out, lets go of the bag, and I clean the lint all over the laundry room.  (1A is that I rubber-band the bag over the hole...50/50 whether it stays that way.)
B)  I bring in the hose from the 185CFM compressor, hold it in the "start" end of the vent (with the dry disconnected, of course).  She goes out and opens the valve.  This way is a lot louder, but works great and less messy.  I hadn't been storing the compressor at home, so (A) seemed easier.  Now that the compressor is home, this is the way to go!
LMAO.......your the man!

Ed
(06-17-2017, 09:46 PM)JosephP Wrote: Our dryer backs up to an exterior wall...right next to the front door, so the vent has a "U" and goes out another wall about 35' away.

I go outside with Stihl BR600 blower while my wife holds a hag over the hole inside (dryer disconnected...).  I hit it, she freaks out, lets go of the bag, and I clean the lint all over the laundry room. 

I wish you had that on video. Now that is funny!  
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
I tried it the first time by myself...wife wasn't home First attempt was shop vac.,didn't have enough to blow it out from the inside. I tied a bag on. Went out and blew it in (not gonna run the engine inside...). When I came in, our son (probably 5 at the time) had a look of "oh......my.......goodness!" standing at the laundry room door. The bag didn't hold at all. Looked like I blew up the Easter bunny. That is why I figured we'd be better off if she held the bag the next time.........it wasn't.

I stand by the plan...does a great job cleaning the lint out. Just need somebody to hold the bag.....or I'd hold the bag if she'd strap on the blower.
Where does she get the hag from
MIL. Still does stop her from talking....
Children's colored smoke bombs are available on Amazon.com for about $18.00 each.  Place one in the vent and walk outside and look for the pink smoke.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywor...j7wrg323_e
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(06-19-2017, 07:22 AM)Cooler Wrote: Children's colored smoke bombs are available on Amazon.com for about $18.00 each.  Place one in the vent and walk outside and look for the pink smoke.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywor...j7wrg323_e

I didnt realize that children had a specific color when made into a smoke bomb.