any experience with a Ring Master?
He didn't make a bowl. He made a funnel.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
(06-19-2017, 06:03 PM)SceneryMaker Wrote: He didn't make a bowl.  He made a funnel.

I agree, read my OP in this thread. Even so, from what he says he sells quite a few of them.
Steve K

I never checked into Ringmaster until I read this thread.  Today I watched a guy on youtube with his home made rig.  He has 3 versions, that I saw.  The last one is a slide vise mounted to a post, put in the banjo. He also has homemade slide rig. It's food for thought...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi5UmGUkH9g
Steve

I am not contesting that no one buy it OK, just that I found a easier way and cheaper way for me.  Also can that thing make them thicker then what you pictured?
To me I like making my rings thicker up to 1" so I can shape it more without the shear look on the sides.  On the three minutes of making one I have not tried but thinking if I wanted to I could do it in less time with the Sorby 1/8" parting tool however, it does depend on the thickness of the wood.  I only did it twice and both times it was 1" and 1.5" and I do not like going larger and will stay at 1" or less now.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.