Help!
Thanks, John & Ed! It was about 3-4 hours between when I stained and tried to use the oil based paint. But now I know if I ever use that stain again to wait 24hrs.
I just finished sanding the whole door. Thanks for the advice about if I go with GF 450, stick with GF stain. I'm going to head to Woodcraft in a little while.
I did two tests this morning with Sherwin Williams All Surface on an old 2x4 that came out of my 1938 house. I'll post the pics later so maybe they will help someone else in the future.
Several folks here have had very good luck with SW's A-100 deep base.  I can't say I've ever heard of anyone using the All Surface product. 

John
I called SW and asked if the other oil based paint they carried, SWP, was also milky and she said yes. I forgot to ask about the A-100.
I went to Woodcraft earlier today and they said the 450 was one of their most popular products for exterior wood. Then I asked about stain...for starters the guy helping me did say their most knowledgeable person about General Finishes products was not working today. He raved about the gel stain, talked to me some about the oil stain and then decided since 450 is water based so I should use water based stain. I bought both and when I got home, I read the stain can more closely and it reads "For indoor use only." So I do some GF web searching and GF only recommends for exterior using their 450 stain that has UV additives along with their 450 topcoat...and Woodcraft doesn't sell it. And not many companies do. (Go figure...) I did find a can on Amazon, so I plan on ordering. So until then, my door refinishing is on hold.
Have to say this weekend didn't go as planned...but I've learned way more than I ever thought I would about stains and finishes...and my sanding skills have vastly improved...and I was reminded how important the lesson you hear all your life about ALWAYS test before starting really is!

Btw, I greatly appreciate everyone who shared their knowledge and helped me! I can't thank you enough!!
Yep, for exterior work you need exterior rated stain, whether WB or OB. 

Good luck the rest of the way.  Patience is usually rewarded.  

John