Pulling Sprinkler Water Line Through Corrugated Drain Pipe
When we first moved into this house the builder buried about 10' of corrugated drain pipe that came to daylight in the middle of the front yard. Before the lawn really started to grow I extended 2 of the runs out to where I'm letting the woods come back. I want to run some sprinkler line through one of them because we're working on a flower garden in that area and I don't want to dig up what yard I have now. It also saves me leaving a garden hose running out there. I've tried just feeding the sprinkler line, it gets caught on the corrugations. I've tried a metal electrican's fish tape, it won't make the turn - it gets caught on the corrugations. I thought about a plumbing snake since it can be manipulated, but I don't have access to one long enough and would have to rent, not that the $$$ for renting is an issue. Would a pull string + plastic bag + shop vac work? My only hesitation there is there's likely water in the drain pipe.
I would find a plastic ball and punch a hole on one side and place it on the sprinkler line and feed it through the conduit. Attach a string or small rope to the line so you have a pull line for later use.
Drill a hole in a golf ball and hot glue the end of the fish tape into the hole.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

hmm. I had not thought of the ball. I will try the sprinkler line with a ball first. if that doesn't work I will use the fish tape. thanks!
Try using a garden hose. Turn and push at the same time. If it continues to get hung up, put a point on a 4" length of wood dowel and attach it with a screw to an end cap.

https://www.amazon.com/Gilmour-Brass-Hos...n+hose+cap
Any neighborhood kids want to make a buck?  
Laugh

What diameter pipe? Would a cat or wiener dog with a string tied to the collar fit? Bait with a hot dog at the other end.

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
(06-18-2017, 07:23 PM)Foggy Wrote: What diameter pipe? Would a cat or wiener dog with a string tied to the collar fit? Bait with a hot dog at the other end.

No cat or wiener dog. The thought had occurred to me to try and catch a squirrel.
Laugh
Check out Mississippi Squirrel Revival and tell me if you rethink that plan.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Any way you can "float" a ball down the pipe?  Get a foam ball, tie it to a long string, lay ball in drain line and pour the water too it.  The right amount of water should "float" the ball halfway up inside the drain pipe.  Too much water and it would get caught on the top of the drain pipe.  And you'd have to generously give it string as you go.