A Rehab day
(06-20-2017, 08:59 PM)bandit571 Wrote: I got lucky with this one.   Had the broken off piece, and it was an exact match to where it broke off of.  

Got a tube of Gorilla Glue  Super glue.   "Heavy Duty"  Impact tough, 10 second set up time.   have to wait 24 hrs for full strength.   

I don't think it would fill any gaps, though.    I had to watch getting any near the lateral lever's rivet....didn't need that stuck in place.

So far, so good.   lateral lever works fine.   I don't intend to "stress" the joint, anyway.   

Might be worth a try?

Do yourself a favor, don't use the lateral, just tap the iron with some scrap hardwood to adjust, as the glue will eventually fail with any stress. It will be fine as a user.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Seems to be working just fine..

Even on long boards

But, surprise, surprise.....one does not have to torque the lever cap screw down.....works just fine with a snug fit.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that