Need a decent chopsaw
I found a PC Porta Band saw at a yard sale. Wow, this changes things! 
I'm working on a design that will hold it upright in my big vise, to use as a stationary bs.  Best of both worlds.
If noise is a concern, they are a lot quieter than a chop saw.
I am on my second Milwaukee portable band saw. it is used in a home made upright holder much more than handheld. Been fabricating for thirty years and never felt the need for a larger metal bandsaw. Like wood bandsaws, one does need to use the proper blade for the job at hand.  14 tpi is close to a do all but the 10 to 14 variable really shines in thicker metals and the 18 tpi makes cuts in sheet metal with a smoother cut and less vibration than the coarser blades.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
I've used the m12 and m18 bandsaw (also used the dewalt 18v and Makita) and the m18 is my favorite. Cuts up to about 3" stock and has a foot than can be retracted for cutting on the ground or tight spaces. I would highly recommend it. Or I say you can never go wrong with a corded portaband