Stanley No. 5 -- Pre-Lateral Type 4
Here's a real early Stanley No. 5. Generally in good shape, but please see the photos for the crack in the tote.

I'd like to get $90 shipped, but I'm open to (reasonable) offers if you think that's too high.

Rick

Seriously folks...open to offers. I'll part it out if necessary, but there's a deal to be had here if someone is interested in a nice early plane.

Rick
The no 5 is likely the most common plane out there and less desirable than the No 4, which can do most tasks... I'll offer you $45 and you pay shipping. 

R
In all fairness, it's not a regular #5, T4 pre laterals in this shape are few.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(06-27-2017, 11:34 PM)RodB Wrote: The no 5 is likely the most common plane out there and less desirable than the No 4, which can do most tasks... I'll offer you $45 and you pay shipping. 

R

Thanks for assuming that I'm uneducated about the scarcity and function of planes in the same post that you made a lowball offer. Really made that offer tempting, but no.

If pre-lateral planes are falling out of trees in your locale for low dollars, good for you. Honestly, interactions like these make the Ebay fees look like a bargain.

Rick
(06-28-2017, 05:26 AM)Admiral Wrote: In all fairness, it's not a regular #5, T4 pre laterals in this shape are few.
You bet they are...this one is exceptional....
Yes
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

The plane is sold.