Wormy Oak (?)
Building a frame for a large mirror.  The four-quarter, 10-inch-wide board is attractive, but on looking closely (board has been surfaced, rabbets cut, etc.), I've discovered several tiny holes (about 1/32 in diameter) here and there.  They are not ugly, and I'd rather not return the board.  Indeed, I might not be able to at this point.  Hence, some questions:   I've read that certain woods can be wormy and still used, even prized.  Is that the case with oak?  My main concern, however is whether or not to fill the holes before finishing.   Your thoughts would be appreciated.  Thank you.
I've used lots of oak boards with small holes like you described; never had an issue with them as far as critters coming out later.  Most commercial KD wood is heated hot enough to kill any larvae. Most of my wood is only dried at 110 F and I've still never had a problem.  As for filling the holes before or after finishing that's personal preference.  I typically do.  I use TimberMate wood filler and those holes literally disappear. 

John
You're good to go. I usually leave the hole show since they have some appeal to my tastes.....but you won't have bugs crawling out.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Yeah I like the look, adds character to the piece. After finishing I've never seen a crawler coming out.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I'm grateful for your responses, and relieved.  Having used cherry for many pieces over the years, I've come to like the little sap pockets because they add character to the wood.  My interpretation of the pin-holes in the oak seems to be similar: the holes themselves are not problematic; nor are they indicative of any problems.  So . . . the decision about whether to fill them or not is a matter off taste.  Once again, thank you for your help!