Removing Wax?
Naphtha. Safe & effective. Test on a hidden area first.
Area where you can't do any harm to start with, try mineral spirits and see where that goes. Just for giggles I was reading about how to remove something, and 2 things kept coming up in removing a LOT of stuff, if the MS doesn't so anything, try Peanut Butter, and Bar Keepers Friend. No joke, one or the other has saved me more times than I can count, both are mild abrasives, and the oil in the PB is a winner. BKF is a bit harsher, but usually not a deal breaker.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(06-27-2017, 07:24 PM)Steve N Wrote:  try Peanut Butter, 

Peanut butter contains a lot of vegetable oil and does not run.  The oil does the softening of many adhesives.  I prefer mayonnaisse; it has even more oil and wipes clean easier.  

If you have residue adhesive (from a label or something similar) the mayo works great.  If you ever get one of those "Do Not Park Here" stickers, apply the mayo and  leave it overnight and wipe the label off.  The paper for that type of label is very porous so this works.  If it is a vinyl label the oil will not penetrate.  

But for this case I don't think either will work.  The oil softens the adhesive; the silicone is already in the soft condition.  It might be worth a try though.  You would have use plenty of clean rags or paper towels to lift off the silicone or you will be just smearing it around.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(06-27-2017, 03:07 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Ammonia

is deadly on some finishes. 

John

Yes.  Ammonia will remove shellac very effectively.  I use it as a cheaper alternative to alcohol when cleaning up my shellac brushes.