Another Table Saw Lawsuit
http://toolguyd.com/yet-another-table-sa...y-lawsuit/
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
Another gold digger and since it will be in Chicago I am sure he will not get a biased judge.
Raised
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I guess he also forgot to read the first 200 pages of the instruction manual explaining the cautions.
If he can read.
Old story? Its dated April 2010.
"I don't have an answer to your question....but I can answer a question that you may be asking in the future"
Yes, news a bit old...but did it matter if he could read or if he had read the manual? He had a lawyer (who presumably could more than read for him)!
Big Grin
Jury of his peers, so 12 idiots likely. Get 12 people who had a clue, and it would be a short trial, but that isn't where we live anymore, sad....
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(06-27-2017, 06:10 PM)SteveK Wrote: Old story?  Its dated April 2010.

thought id try and dig up the outcome, but cant seem to find anything.
It happened years ago originally to someone operating a makita saw in an unsafe manner. I want s judge to look at one of these guys and say common sense would say keep your hands away from the blade. Also push sticks are easy to make so get out. I also read that festool is buyingbsawstop. So now it's going to be even more expensive to get. There's not a power tool out there that isn't dangerous fear them and respect them.
Everybody blamed his old man for makin him mean as a snake. When Amos Moses was a boy his daddy would use him for alligator bait!
-Jerry Reed

Larry
(07-02-2017, 07:45 PM)LarryK Wrote: It happened years ago originally to someone operating a makita saw in an unsafe manner.   I want s judge to look at one of these guys and say common sense would say keep your hands away from the blade.  Also push sticks are easy to make so get out.  I also read that festool is buyingbsawstop.  So now it's going to be even more expensive to get.  There's not a power tool out there that isn't dangerous fear them and respect them.

IIRC, the original lawsuit was financed by the sawstop guy for an injury to an illegal alien who did not speak any English and who was free-hand cutting without rip fence, miter gauge, or guard. The injured worker was "fully trained" by the crew boss who spoke only English.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.