Heads up - MacBeath hardwood in San Jose, CA, USA, Terra, Sol, ... closed
The MacBeath outlet in San Jose is closed. The SF and Berkeley stores are still open, but it's more of a schlep.

Aura Hardwoods is still around.
Computer geek and amateur woodworker.
Did Global Wood Source move (again)?  Looks like they are now in Campbell.

The San Jose site for MacBeath has some sentimental fondness (bought the alder for one of my earliest projects there).
The selection was really targeted towards contractors, so didn't have the selection that they have in their other sites.

Matt
I lived in Castro Valley 1971-2001. Never cared for the McBeath Berkeley store.

I always patronized White Brothers Lumber on Tidewater in Oakland (down by the Coliseum)."E_Zee on/E-Zee off" the Nimitz Freeway/Rte. 17.

Looked on the internet business pages and there are now two White brothers about a block apart. Do not know if they are two separate companies, with one doing commercial residential millwork, etc. Might be something to consider.
This place is supposed to be good I have seen stock from them but haven't made it to their yard yet.  [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Moore Newton Quality Hardwoods[/color]

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]http://moorenewton.com/[/color]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Sorry to hear that. I used to work about a mile from there, and I bought a decent amount of lumber from them including everything for my kitchen remodel. The staff were great, and Jamie used to give me price breaks. I hope the guys who worked there landed something good.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Any recommendations for a source for furniture grade plywood? i'm in san jose and saddened that macbeath has moved. they had nice prefinished stock for drawer sides. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Check out Aura Hardwoods
They had the prefinished ply for drawers last time I was there.
and their hardwood selection was better than the San Jose MacBeath.
(San Francisco MacBeath has wider selection than both, though)

Global Wood Source, now in Campbell, has a wide selection of hardwoods, particularly from south/central america.
Slabs and other interesting pieces.
(I don't recall them having much plywood when I visited their old location near the airport)

Matt