Next Project
Got tired of too long Pipe clamps.   No need for any 6' long clamps, so....I cut them down to about 4' long.   Pipe cutter broke about 1/2 way through
Upset ...no biggie, I have hacksaws just hanging around..

Brought two boards to the shop.  Needed 4 @ 28" long to make a panel.    Cross cut to size, and used the "new" shorter clamps to do the glue up.

Gota few more mortises done, mainly on the back legs.   Decided to do a dry fit..

Staged some clamps..

(Hope the Boss doesn't see these), and then fight the glue up.....needed a third hand, instead I got this..

Set up to mortise the last leg, after stashing the glued up end over with the glued up panel.   Mortise laid out,  tools at the ready....just remembered I NEED a stretcher to go between the two ends
Rolleyes

Trudge back upstairs to the wood stash, pick out something close to what I need.  Trudge back to the shop, set up the bandsaw for a rip cut.   Rip the piece out of the 1 x8, then the Langdon Mitre Box to cut for length.
Need to plane the blank smooth, and make some beads on the corners.   Once I can dry fit the base, again, I can cut a dovetail on each end of the cross stretcher.   Then make the socket here it will go. 

Back was hurting, was time to call it a night....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Wasn't a whole lot done today.....yard sales took up the morning, then getting a tire replaced.   I managed to move a plane around a bit..

Ran a Millers Falls No. 11 Junior jack around, to do an S4S of the cross stretcher.....afraid the grain is a bit "plain"

And the other face.   Shoulders have been bothering me today (weather?)  decided to just rest them up for today....Three fingers in a glass to ease the shoulder pain?
Works for me.    Maybe tomorrow I can get a little more done?
Get the left side dry fitted

Glued up..

The right side was drilled to "pin" the joints

Made a big dry fit...

to locate where this will be cut at...

As the center stretcher gets attached with a dovetail.   This is going to be a bear to glue the whole thing together. 
Uhoh
Upset
Rolleyes

Waiting on my back to settle down, and the glue to cure in the latest glue up.    Have a bit of plane work left to do, and cut the sockets for the dovetails.   I also forgot to mill the corner bead on the last leg.
Upset
Rolleyes ..will get that as I go along.   Might need a helping hand, or five when the big glue up starts.   Then I can start the desk unit itself.

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Glued up today..

Was an ugly day to start out with
Upset ...got the thing out of the clamps this evening, got the corner blocks done..

False Top has been squared up, and at least close to flat..
Rolleyes

Attached the panel with a few screws through the corner blocks..

Although the nut won't move, the screw is free to tilt as needed, when the wood moves, so

The base part is now built, time to laid out some boards for the desk build....next time.   Stay tuned
Winkgrin
A friend of mine has my old lunch box planer, so Friday, I'll haul a stack of boards to his place, and have them thickness planed to 3/4" or so.   May go a bit thinner.

There will be one board that will wind up being~ 1/2" thick, have a box project to do.   Both the box and the desk are going to the same place, at the same time..I hope.

Killing time til then, I have a screendoor to replace.    And..install a pet door to boot.

Got a start on it today.   It will get painted.   I also found yet another saw to rehab

Might take a day....
Rolleyes

Maybe I can find out which model this Atkins skew back is...
Confused

Hopefully, by next weekend, I can start on building the desk half of this project....stay tuned
Winkgrin
Are you going to breadboard those ends of the top?
On the lid for the desk, yes.    Stand's top will be rounded over and left as is.
Got bored today..
Rolleyes 

I now have all the major parts for the desk unit rough cut to size.   The two pieces for the sides also have the angled cut (sloped?) for the lid to rest on..done.    After a thickness planer takes them all done to 3/4" or less....I can go back and fine tune the cuts. 

Need to cut a piece or two of thin Poplar to make the bottom of the desk unit.   Will sit in a groove. 

Corners are to get through dovetails.    Debateing on how to attach the non-moving part of the lid....Maybe screws sitting under some Walnut plugs?  

Expecting Saturday to be a rather busy day in the shop....stay tuned...
Parts is Parts..

Way too thick,will take a few passes....

But....not with this plane....
No

Major parts, sitting on the three parts that will get glued up in the sloped lid

Tested a bit of the Infamous Witch's Brew

Hmmmmmm  Cherry? Or...Maple?

May have to change the title....
Confused
"Hmmmmmm  Cherry? Or...Maple?"

I don't get the question. Eastern hardwoods are not on my shelf, but... Does cherry have the tight tiger stripes we are seeing on this wood? 

Oh, thanks for the clarification of the prior confusion. You didn't identify your project until a couple post ago. I am still in some fog as to what the project is...... ?