Contributing factors to Bandsaw drift?
(07-19-2017, 01:55 PM)Chipper_Jr Wrote: Probably should get a set of tires as well, while they're still available. Mine are both flat.
Rolleyes

SCM/MiniMax parts here; https://www.partspronto.com/

Make sure you are sitting down when you see the price of tires...
Yes, and they are difficult as all heck to replace.
MAKE: Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out...  www.makezine.com

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Oh, my misunderstanding then.  I thought you said that when new the saw cut within the limits of fence drift adjustment range, not that it ever cut parallel with the miter slot.  To me, that would not be acceptable, but if you were happy that's all that matters.  Why would it not be acceptable to me?  Because I sometimes use my BS with a miter gage, and that wouldn't be possible if the blade didn't cut parallel with the miter slot.

But if the saw cut to your satisfaction when new but no longer does then the most likely cause is a dull blade or a blade not set correctly on the wheels, as was said very early on in this thread.     

I tried finding a source for sharpening Lennox blades and came up short; couldn't find anything on Lennox's site or at Spectrum Supply where I bought mine.  So if you get a source from Dave D. please pass it along. 

John
Dave said that he uses his local blade sharpener.  I am gathering from that that maybe industrially oriented sharpening places do this but advertise because everything is carbide now more or less.

I'm going out of town tomorrow for a bit, but when I get back I'll contact a couple of places.  If I get a hit, I'll post here.
MAKE: Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out...  www.makezine.com

John,

What were you using the miter slot for on the bandsaw?

I sometimes have to cut tenon shoulders on parts too thick for the reach of my TS blade.   I do that on the BS with the miter gage.  Obviously, you want those cuts to be 90°, or whatever angle you want, and to stay true over the depth of the cut.  After I make those cuts I use the BS to cut the cheeks, too, using the fence.  Again, I want the blade to cut parallel with the fence, without having to fool around for drift. 

You can do a lot with a BS even if it doesn't cut straight and parallel with the miter slot.  But you can get a lot more utility, and with far less effort or worry, if it does. 

John