3M Accuspray ?
Picked up SW Proclassic water-based alkyd for the kitchen cabinets. I have used this before on furniture projects, but have never sprayed it.  

I have a 3M Accuspray with 1.8 tips, but I would have to order the cups and lids if I am going to use that. Will the 1.8 tips be ok, or should I get another size?
ProClassic Alkyd like you have has the same viscosity as the Acrylic version that I've used.  If you have a pressurized cup I think it will spray fine; you might even need a smaller N/N.  I use a 1.5 N/N with my Qualspray HVLP gun and 3M PPS cup at 5 psi and ProClassic Acyrlic sprays great.  If your cup is not pressurized, 1.8 mm isn't going to be large enough.  

John
Assuming you are talking about an AccuSpray series 10 gun.

I can't tell you how well that tip will work. All I can say is "try it" and see what happens. My guess is that you'll be alright. Wort case, you can always order a 1.3 and a 1.5 and experiment. You should own them anyway if you own that gun.

As to the AccuSpray Gun. I own quite a few of them and have used just about every turbine gun on the market and have never found a better gun than the AccuSpray. I've sprayed several wood finishes, automotive clear coat and automotive primers and paints. I just painted my front door and storm-door with Valspar DURAMAX simi-gloss exterior and it worked like a champ using a 1.7.

The 1.8 tip might work fine. It's the biggest tip made for that gun, usually used for shooting thicker primers and single stage urethane. But again try it. I don't know how the SW product will atomize and lay out. Generally wood finishes are more forgiving than automotive finishes.

My rule of thumb. 1.0 for automotive paint and clear coats. 1.5 for primers. 1.7 for real thick stuff.

Don't ask me about a Ford cup. I make my tip decisions based on how it sprays. I rarely use any other air cap than the #10 black AccuSpray cap. I only change air nozzles (tips), never needles or air caps. Trying to make things as simple as possible. Most adjustments are made by adjusting my spray/pass speed and my distance from the work. Spray fan is almost always at about 3/4 of wide open and my fluid volume is open enough to put out a good heavy fog against a dark background but never wide open. My air is never choked. Some hoses have choke valves, I don't use them. there's no need for more than two adjustments on the gun. AccuSpray got it right.

Make sure you have a pressurized cup or pressurized PPS cup, pressurized from the air outlet on your gun. The gun won't spray right without it.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay