DJ-20 parts availabiltiy
Looking to purchase a used 8" jointer in my area and might have a line on a decent DJ-20. Should I be concerned about parts availability, or should I just stay away from Delta?
(06-30-2017, 11:11 AM)joe1086 Wrote: Looking to purchase a used 8" jointer in my area and might have a line on a decent DJ-20. Should I be concerned about parts availability, or should I just stay away from Delta?

If the jointer is tight and no parts required at this time buy it. They are bulletproof overall and the chances of you ever needing parts are slim. 

That said  if the tables are sloppy or chewed up around the cutterhead (noticeably abused) let it be someone else's issue 

Motors, pulleys, belts and bearings, even cutter heads can all be had on the secondary market.

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Thanks Joe, I was hoping that was the case.