deck stain question
I have less than a half gallon of Cabot Semi Transparent oil base deck stain.  I need a little more than a half gallon to cover it.  I also have a partial gallon of Cabot Solid color oil base deck stain.  Do you think I will have problems if I add some of the solid color to the semi transparent so I have enough to cover the deck.?  I know it will change the transparency a bit.

I must admit I called Cabot's 800 number and the person immediately said not to do it but didn't explain why.  I also know they are in the business of selling, not stretching some existing sale.

What are your thoughts?  I am cheap, and don't want to waste or purchase more if I don't have to.  This is an older deck that I've maintained fairly well, I at one time used solid color and eventually it peeled, so last year I stripped it and used the semi transparent and it's working fine.  I don't think adding a little of the solid to the transparent will cause any issues

Opinions appreciated.

Thanks
Why not just add a little thinner?
I thought about adding more thinner, but the semi transparent is already pretty thin.  Maybe add some solid and some thinner and hope to get the same result?
Someone said "If its worthwhile doing then do it right."  Buy a gallon, you'll be  happy in the long run you did.

Regards, 
Bill Bob
maybe do a test with a couple tsp's of each.
and let us know how it turns out,please.
my mom used to mix paints herself.  The outcomes were awful most of the time.  One thing I expect you to mess up doing this is the adhesion. I swear she wasted so much money on paint that she could have bought whatever she wanted.  Even Habitat charges real money for opened paint.
I looked at what Cabot calls the "technical data" of the 2 (?) products. The question mark is because I may have looked at the wrong 2, they have 3 series in each (semi and solid) and I could rule out the acrylic, but that still left me with 2 oil based versions. One thing I noticed (the comparisons are very similar) was that the solid color is considered a film forming finish (2-3 mils) and the semi is not, it's considered a penetrating finish. I think the worse that would happen is you would mix them and get a thin penetrating finish with a thin film finish on top. Of course that's all a guess, and the only way to know is to try it. But I don't think using it the way you want would be a huge disaster, it just might not work quite as well as 100% of one type.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I added a little solid color, and a little thinner.  I'll try to post the results next year.  It did seem to soak into the wood which is what I was going for.  The deck must be 20 years old now.  I might replace some year with a man made product.  Problem is I built it 16" on center and I think most of the man made products need 12" oc.  The best news is that both the railing and deck is redone so I can relax on them now.

Thanks for the comments.