Milwaukee 12v Driver with stuck chuck
The chuck on my 12v drill/driver is stuck.  I can force turn it, but the fingers don't move.
Anyone know of a fix?  (I sent an email to Milwaukee, but I was hoping for a quicker answer.)

If necessary, a new chuck from Milwaukee is about $25 (perhaps plus tax & shipping).  Is it worth trying to replace it, or just buy another?

Thanks, and Happy 4th of July.

If it's broke you'll likely need to replace it, with that in mind I would go with junk lodged into the jaws, and spray it out with a parts breaker. I really like.

[Image: kano-aerokroil-kroil-penetrating-oil_4499_600.jpg]
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Had this happen with another brand.  It was the screw that is in the center of the chuck remember that it is a left thread
Spray it out with some kind of cleaner. Most likely there is some gunk or a piece of trash in the chuck. If its really bad then if its under 5 years old its under wartanty. You can print a shipping label and they will return it in a week. Way better than the several weeks it takes dw and months it takes ridgid to do repairs.
I don't know what to do to fix it but I doubt that tool is too old so you might want to check on the warranty.  I think it is 5 years
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Thanks everyone. I'll see what I can do.