Baltic birch plywood from the borgs?
(07-03-2017, 02:54 PM)Splinter Puller Wrote: You're two hours away from a Menards.... they are getting closer!

where? The closest store on their website is 4-5 hours west of here
Youngstown Ohio right now
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
google says that's only 3 hours.  Going to try the place in Lewistown
Rockler makes a number of products from BB ply. They carry two different "offcut" packs that they sell. 
One is 5 pieces of 1\2", 12" by 60" for $99.00. Watch their sale emails and you can get it for $69.00 with free shipping. 

The other is 4 pieces of 1\2", 24" by 30". Don't recall the normal price, but I just paid $35.00 with free shipping. 

I typically keep one or both of these on hand for jigs and fixtures.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
I know our Menards has it and if out can be ordered. I also do not know if it is the same quality either.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
It's a long shot, but if you have a Michaels Craft store in the area, they might have small panels in their wood craft section.  The one here in Butler sells various thicknesses and sizes.  I can't recall the specifics, as I typically buy mine in 5x5 sheets at the lumber yard.  It is probably way more expensive, but if you were looking for small quantities of small project pieces, it may be an option.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(07-06-2017, 12:41 PM)handi Wrote: Rockler makes a number of products from BB ply. They carry two different "offcut" packs that they sell. 
One is 5 pieces of 1\2", 12" by 60" for $99.00. Watch their sale emails and you can get it for $69.00 with free shipping. 

The other is 4 pieces of 1\2", 24" by 30". Don't recall the normal price, but I just paid $35.00 with free shipping. 

Ralph I understand they butter your bread occasionally, and that is ok. I ordered 2 pieces of laminated BB ply to use for router tables I had been asked to build for a couple of guys I knew. I sourced it from Rockler because they had a very good price on it at the time. Both pieces arrived cracked in half (which actually takes some doing), and with the edges battered to the point of making small pieces from them a poor option. I went back and forth between Rockler, and Dead X for over 6 months, and never got a refund, or replacement. At the time I was probably spending 2 to 3 K a year ordering parts, and pieces from Rockler, and beyond a few trips into the Cinci store I haven't spent a penny with them or ever used dead x to ship anything since. If you have ordered and received plywood from them, tell us about how it looked. Mine looked unusable, and I got no satisfaction when I called and complained about it. From the store you can see it, and if it looks good, it will only look bad if you make it so. Sent from a warehouse with the cheapest bid shipping company, don't hold your breath.

I did go back through the Credit card company, and withdrew my payment after Rockler failed to stand up for their packing, or the company they chose to deliver their products. I note they no longer carry that product.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(07-06-2017, 12:41 PM)handi Wrote: Rockler makes a number of products from BB ply. They carry two different "offcut" packs that they sell. 

That's quite pricey for BB. Im paying about $19 and $20 a sheet here. Much less than the $99 from rockler. Seems that rockler is also buying it retail and reselling like woodcraft does.
At our Menards a 3/4"x4x8 sheet of BB is $77.99

https://www.menards.com/main/building-ma...374&ipos=2
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(07-07-2017, 02:08 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: At our Menards a 3/4"x4x8 sheet of BB is $77.99

https://www.menards.com/main/building-ma...374&ipos=2

That's the price for Grade CP BB.  Unlimited knot repairs allowed.  I would expect B/BB grade to run over $90 for a 4'x8' sheet.

CP/CP: Single piece face and back. Face and back grade veneers allow unlimited sound knots and repaired splits and unlimited patches. The panel is sound both sides and designed for laminating.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill