Leaving Washington DC, Heading to NC, TN. Tool places to hit?
(07-04-2017, 10:48 PM)Ohio Mike Wrote: I watched an episode of The Woodwright Shop (Season 18 episode 11) in which Roy went to the OLD SALEM living history museum.  A few years later we were driving through NC and decided to stop there.  We really enjoyed it.  That was over 15 years ago so I hope others that have more recent experience can chime in and verify if it's as good today as it was then.

http://www.oldsalem.org/

Mike

+1.  Besides walking through the town and visiting the shops, be sure to see the Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts, which is full of fine furniture.  You may need a reservation for that.  We were lucky when we went and were able to get a reservation for later the same day.  Tour size is limited for the museum.  I would rate this near the top of my list.  We really enjoyed our visit.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Greg Pennington's Windsor Chair school is just north of Nashville in Hendersonville.

Call ahead and see if he is home.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
My old stomping grounds!  Raise a glass at the Boone Saloon.  I built the funky timber back bar.  Crazy pretty country.  Get on the back roads and soak it in.