Crawl Space Sump Pump
Hey Folks
Need to solve  a wet crawl space problem and the most practical solution seems to be a sump pump.
Looking on line at different brands at wondering if anyone here was able to offer tips or hints.
Hoping to find the most reliable and quietest.
Looked on Graingers site and saw they carried Zoeller and Liberty.
Any experience or comments on those
Thanks
the zoeller I got from amazon seems really nice, looks to be built really well. The (forgotten brand) pump I bought at Lowes dissolved into rust, which is weird for something that is designed to be immersed.  That was before they went to all China pumps.

I guess I can't offer a ringing endorsement, because they go bad very slowly, even if it is a piece of junk
I also bought a Zoeller to replace the 18 year old original that was in my house. I'll pass on a suggestion that I got here: check out Sump Pumps Direct for not on;y great prices but a really large selection and some good advice. That's where I wound up getting mine.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
No one is more expensive than Graingers.
Wood is good. 
Thanks for the input.
After my initial post I got on a house paint project and NOW I'm back on the sump pump.
Fred, I took your advice and called and talked to sump pumps direct and actually got the basin today.
Pump is on its way.
Anyway the basin is drill your own holes.
I guess it's not rocket science but anyone have input on how many, what size, etc.
Thanks again!
(07-05-2017, 08:33 AM)Maddog Wrote: Hey Folks
Need to solve  a wet crawl space problem and the most practical solution seems to be a sump pump.......

I'll assume it is ground water/moisture.  If it is severe enough for a sump I would be worried about relative humidity, also.  Mold starts in earnest at aboout 65-70% RH.  I would make sure I added  a robust vapor barrier on the ground/concrete.  Cover the sump and everything. Run the vapor barrier up the stem walls and seal .  No gaps.   Keep the moisture at bay, and then try to add some  dehumidified air. 

Alternately, you could seal the house members with spray foam insulation.  But in any case you need to address water vapor as seriously as you would treat standing water.

Best is to treat a crawl space as part of your house envelope.