Vacuum Press
Looks like the bag is the way to go.  I received two bags when I bought the pump.  The smaller one is vinyl but the larger one is poly and big enough to do a door.  As everyone stated the poly bag is much more pliable than the vinyl bag.  One of the reasons I wanted to build a small flip top is because the small bag I have is still pretty large and will consume my work bench.  My thinking was that a small flip top can sit almost anywhere.  I do have a small piece of poly I got from Joe Woodworker so I think I'll just try making a small bag to use for small items.  Thanks for all of the replies.

Lonnie
All you have to do is roll up the excess and put a spring clamp or something similar on it to make it the size you choose.  

I have a bag 18" wide and 20' long from some beam work I did and now use it for pressing door stiles mostly. so 10- feet is rolled up.

works just fine. 

BTW I saw the bags and the system you bought from (e) several yrs ago. you should have no issues with it. 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I only tried vacuum bagging 1time. I just installed a bolt in valve stem (with out core) in a 3 x 3 piece of clear vinyl used for for boat windows. Taped it over the work, on a pool table slate I had.
Just used duct tape, to tape the vinyl down.
Got the idea from a boater, who had removed the outer skin, from a section of his deck to replace a rotted core. He replaced the core, and used epoxy to glue down the orig outer skin. He taped a piece of clear vinyl over it and sucked it down.
I have both bags and a press table.  I thought the press table would make it a lot easier to do large parts, and it probably would if it would seal.  But that's the problem, it doesn't seal worth a darned.  As such, I never use it and will likely trash it.  Like others, my advise it to go with a bag. 

John