Sofa Table VI – all the way to completion
Very nicely done, Derek! Beautiful woods. Elegant simplicity.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(07-09-2017, 02:00 PM)Hank Knight Wrote: That is a very elegant piece, Derek. I like it.

(07-09-2017, 03:31 PM)cputnam Wrote: Smooth, sensuous, beautiful!    
Cool  
Cool  
Cool  
Cool

What they said. 

I see her point about the high contrast of the maple against the dark couch. That kind of change happens at my house too. I work tirelessly to make something to upgrade a piece in the living room and it ends up not making the grade for some reason. I thought "eclectic decor" meant things did not have to matchy matchy but it turns out that eclectic still needs to have appropriate discussions with other eclectics. Whatever. 
Rolleyes
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
In empathy with yours and Tom's struggles, Derek... My wife saw some sketches for a very small table I did a few days ago. She liked them. When I mentioned that it could replace a nondescript round 13" candle stand, she pouted. The candle stand was her mother's. 

I think I will join you and do it anyway. 
Laugh  As soon as the deck is rebuilt. The house interior repainted. The garage is cleaned up. I have a tool box that isn't cardboard. A couple messy fruit trees go away.... I wonder if Bandit lives near me....?